Saturday, January 12, 2008

; what's left of right?

All my life I've stuck my nose up at the Poly route. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm too good for it, just that it's not the one for me.

Coming from an 'elite' *coughs* institution where 85% my entire cohort's O level passing grade was a single digit, and 100% under 20, poly was never in the books.

In retrospect, I remember how I envisioned myself in AJC playing volleyball, or in VJ which, incidentally was my dream Pre-U college. It wasn't ambitious then, I passed the Gifted exam and was in the top 5% of the entire Singapore of my year.

Now? I sneer at myself.

I've squandered my time, my life frivolously. I still am. And if I am to be brutally honest, I loathe every fibre of my being for it.

I cannot bring myself to leave my family and pursue further education in greener lands.

What's left of the right choices for me?

I don't know. I really, really don't.

No comments: